||Health Care Navigator
||8:00 a.m. Ė 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday variable
||04/06/18 or until filled
A completed application is required for this position. Proof of education required upon request and requires a valid Texas driverís license and acceptable driving record.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Health Care Navigators (HCNs) are relied upon to deliver the full range of service that get better physical health services for CRCS consumers. HCNs are responsible for coordinating the access to medical, dental and other allied health professional care for the physical health needs of CRCS consumers. HCNs coordinate consumersí physical health care with the entire CRCS team of behavioral health staff. CRCS priority populations served include adults with severe, chronic mental illness and their families to include those with dual disordered mental illness and substance abuse disorders as well as children and adolescents with qualifying mental/emotional conditions. HCNs collaborate medical, dental, and allied health agencies, clinics, and private providers. HCNs coordinate, facilitate, track, broker, and document consumer/patient referrals and appointments for medical services such as medical history and physical exams, medications/prescriptions, injections, laboratory tests, and any other medical service required or directed by physician orders. HCNs document work daily utilizing agency approved software. Clinical supervision will be provided by appropriate staff. Administratively, reports directly to a specified supervisor within the overall CRCS system. HCNs constantly exercise vigilance in maintaining confidential files and reports and contribute to the Centerís stated purposes.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications to be eligible for the position. Academic degrees must be from a regionally accredited college or university and must meet QMHP requirements as follows:
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelorís degree from an accredited college or university with a major in social, behavioral, or human services field with at least 24 hours of college credit in behavior/social science (psychology, social work, medicine, nursing, rehabilitation, counseling, sociology, human growth and development, physician assistant, gerontology, special education psychology, early childhood intervention). One year work experience as a case Manager or case worker. Each year (30 semester hours) of accredited college work in a related field ay substitute for the required work experience on a year-for-year basis.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
- Two (2) years of work experience in a field related to the duties of the position.
- Three (3) years of experience working with individuals with mental illness in a community setting.
- Familiarity with psychiatric and mental health related terminology.
- Familiarity with HIPAA (Health Information Privacy and Portability Act).
- Promator/a and Certified Health Unit Coordinators (CHUC).
- Health service related certification(s) such as LVN, LCDC, LPHA.
OTHER SPECIAL INFORMATION:
- Knowledge of individual needs/characteristics associated with mental illness.
- Knowledge of community-based behavioral health services.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced health services work setting and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to problem solve in a creative, viable and realistic manner.
- Ability to make appropriate referrals and linkages and to overcome barriers between service systems.
- Apply in person at:
- 203 Hackberry Street, Tilden, TX
- or submit application and resume to:
- Camino Real CS
P.O. BOX 725, Lytle, TX. 78052
PHONE: 210-357-0359 or 357-0300
Job Application (MS Word)