||Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
||8am – 5pm, Monday – Friday (Variable)
||MH IDD Wrap-around
||03/30/18 or until filled
Agency vehicle may be available; however, mileage is reimbursed for some activities requiring use of personal vehicles. Selected applicant must be able to attend approximately 5 working days of staff development orientation in Lytle, TX.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The LVN will provide health care services to individuals with IDD living in their own home/family home or in a community provider setting. This position coordinates and implements nursing services throughout the Southeast counties, including working closely with the IDD RN, Psychiatrists, provider staff, and consumers. Functions under the supervision of the Community Support Director with clinical direction from the agency IDD RN. Work involves monthly and quarterly monitoring of consumers at day programs and in their homes. Nursing license must be kept current. This position provides services within a wide range of activities in accordance with the HHSC IDD rules, TACs, and agency requirements. The person selected will work under close supervision with latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgement.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Licensed to practice as a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) in the State of Texas, plus one (1) year experience as a nurse.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience working with people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities.
- English/Spanish skills; demonstrated ability to read, write, and speak English and Spanish.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of departmental rules and regulations, facility’s policies and procedures, and HHSC Standards.
- Working knowledge and understanding of IDD.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to initiate the collaborative relationships necessary to facilitate the delivery of health care services.
- Ability to provide nursing care and perform nursing input.
- Knowledge of nursing procedures and techniques.
- Ability to provide patient medical care, to prepare and maintain records, and to train others.
- Submits required documentation and/or reports accurately and timely.
- Able to perform the physical requirements of the position.
- Ability to work under conditions requiring physical stamina and ability to work in a stressful environment.
- Must possess good computer skills.
OTHER SPECIAL INFORMATION:
- Apply in person at:
- 19965 FM 3175N, Lytle, Texas
- or submit application and resume to:
- Camino Real CS
P.O. BOX 725, Lytle, TX. 78052
PHONE: 210-357-0359 or 357-0300
Job Application (MS Word)