||Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
||Mental Health Services
||Wilson Co. MH
||06/22/17 or until filled
Proof of education is required upon request. Transcript or diploma must be original. Copies will not be accepted. Requires valid Texas driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of the designated Adult MH clinic manager, and in coordination with psychiatrists, other nurses, a team of case managers and Licensed Professionals of the Healing Arts (LPHA), the Licensed Vocational Nurse provides nursing care to individuals, primarily children and adolescents with severe and persistent mental illness in a variety of settings.
- Delivers licensed vocational nursing care and coordinating nursing activities as a team member.
- Using the vocational nursing process to plan, implement, document, and evaluate nursing care provided to consumers in accordance with the Texas Nurse Practice Act.
- Performing technical nursing functions to accomplish patient care such as physical health status screening/assessment, medication services monitoring and work-up, patient education, care coordination, record maintenance and documentation, infection control, skills development/training, and home visits.
- Supports patient and family health education activities for chronic health conditions such as diabetes, lipid level control, weight control, healthy living, and exercise, etc.
- Responsible for proficient vocational nursing practice, monitoring of medical and psychiatric issues, and consumer advocacy.
- Occasionally may be required to travel in support of vocational nursing services activities for other work sites.