||Registered Therapist (Speech Language Pathologist)
||8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Mon-Fri, variable
||10/02/17 or until filled
A completed application is required for this position. Proof of education required upon request and requires a valid Texas driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position will work specifically with infants and toddlers, birth to 36 months, who qualify for services in the Early childhood Intervention (ECI) Program. Work involves administration of standardized evaluations and assessments for eligibility determination for services and treatment planning. This position also performs therapeutic rehabilitation treatment and consultation to families/team members. May supervise the work of Assistant Therapists. Submits accurate and timely documentation. Extensive travel throughout the service area is also required and may require the use of personal vehicle when an agency vehicle is not available. Works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications to be eligible for the position
- Must have and maintain current OT license by the State of Texas to practice.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
27/1: $82,216 – minimum plus 0 to 2 years work experience as a Licensed Therapist.
27/2: $86,171 – minimum plus 3 years work experience as a licensed therapist.
27/3: $90,172 – minimum plus 5 years work experience as a licensed therapist.
- Prior work experience as a licensed Speech Language Pathologist.
- Experience evaluating and treating infants and toddlers with feeding difficulties.
- Prior work experience that includes normal child development and intervention techniques for treating developmentally delayed infants and toddlers.
- Prior ECI experience.
- English/Spanish skills; demonstrated ability to read, write, and speak English and Spanish.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
OTHER SPECIAL INFORMATION:
- Knowledge of rehabilitation therapy principles, techniques, and treatment.
- Skill in the use of rehabilitation equipment, materials, and tools.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and administer rehabilitation therapy programs.
- Ability to conduct evaluations and assessments.
- Skills in interviewing; ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to supervise the work of others.
- Must have ability to work under conditions requiring physical stamina and ability to work in a stressful environment.
- Must possess good computer skills.
- Apply in person at:
- 19965 FM 3175 N., Lytle, Texas
- or submit application and resume to:
- Camino Real CS
P.O. BOX 725, Lytle, TX. 78052
PHONE: 210-357-0359 or 357-0300
Job Application (MS Word)