||$72,735 Annually + Differential
||#104301 & 104313
||3/24/17 or until filled
A completed application is required for this position. Proof of education required upon request and requires a valid Texas driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must be an RN in good standing with no stipulations on license. Must possess good communication skills, both written and verbal. Good assessment skills essential, must be able to multi-task and be able to learn an electronic medical record. This position requires applicant to be available to work overtime and live within one hour from the Crisis Residential Unit.
This job includes doing nursing physical assessments, psychological assessments, charting in the EMR, giving medications, using telemedicine (skype) for clients’ dr. visits, managing medications, supplies
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications to be eligible for an this position.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of ADN in good standing with 4 years total nursing experience.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas without restrictions or limitations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- One (1) year mental health experience preferred.
- Mental health background some college hours in psychology.
- Knowledge of local community resources and how to access them.
- Demonstrate ability to read, write and speak English and Spanish.
OTHER SPECIAL INFORMATION:
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, techniques and practices of counseling and diagnostic impression, functioning of mental health hospitals and/or out-patient mental health clinics.
- Knowledge of mental health rules, regulations, procedures and methods utilized in psychiatric nursing.
- Ability to assess and evaluate requirements for mental health services, including completion of physical and mental health assessments, using nursing principles and techniques.
- Ability to direct care provided by other providers including LVNs, nursing aides, etc.
- Perform appropriate interventions as ordered by physician, ability to communicate effectively with staff physicians; work within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with other professional groups, exercise tact, initiative, and good judgment when dealing with people, communicate effectively, using both oral and written communication; excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of local community resources as well as CRCS, how to access and use them effectively.
- Ability to work independently, organizes work efficiently, and responds to the changing needs of the individual. Completes documentation accurately, and in a timely manner on appropriate format.
- Ability to work under conditions requiring physical stamina and the ability to work in a stressful work environment, including crisis stabilization.
- Ability to apply and integrate theory, knowledge, values and practices of social work crisis intervention and substance use; work with individual from a variety of educational/cultural backgrounds.
- Apply in person at:
- 2644 Encino Park, Dr., Eagle Pass, Texas 78852
- or submit application and resume to:
- Camino Real CS
P.O. BOX 725, Lytle, TX. 78052
PHONE: 210-357-0359 or 357-0300
Job Application (MS Word)