||Reimbursement Specialist Receptionist
||8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. Mon-Fri, variable
||12/22/17 or until filled
A completed application is required for this position. Proof of education required upon request and requires a valid Texas driver's license and acceptable driving record.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs the full range of administrative activities in support of the Karnes County Mental Health Clinic including receptionist and secretarial work, filing, communications, appointment scheduling, billing/reimbursement support, eligibility determination support, verification of insurance support, supplies and inventory control and ordering, routine office and telehealth equipment support, scanning and importing documentation in the Electronic Health Records, and other such duties. Constantly exercises vigilance in maintaining confidential files and reports. Responsible for all facets of the clinic’s reimbursement function: data collection, verification of insurance coverage, determination of ability to pay, and responsible for securing insurance authorizations. Works under the supervision of the Clinic Manager. Assembles and organizes information for the manager and staff. Constantly exercises vigilance in maintaining confidential files and reports. With the clinic manager, manages an efficient office system and contributes to the center’s stated purpose. Job duties include ability to work in a fast-paced, stressful environment with a heavy volume of calls and patient traffic. Other duties include customer service and overall management of medical office appointments, telephone/mail reminders to individuals in service, ordering supplies, and handling correspondence. Work attendance is an essential function. May serve as back-up to other offices and must be able to work a flexible schedule to accommodate medical clinic days up to 3 days a week.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. .
- Two (2) years of work experience in a field related to the duties of the position.
- Each year (30 semester hours) of accredited college work in a related field may substitute for the required work experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Experience working in a receptionist/secretarial type position within a health-service related office environment.
- Experience with typing data entry, filing, document preparation, and telephone communications in a health care agency.
- Experience with office automation, computer, and/or data processing systems.
- Experience with Medicaid managed care.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Three (3) years of experience in administrative support functions in a health care related office.
- Familiarity with psychiatric and mental health related terminology.
- Experience in data entry/billing in health care activities.
- Familiarity with HIPAA (Health Information Privacy and Portability Act) consideration fitting the CRCS line of services.
- Familiarity with community resources of potential use in delivery of supportive service to CRCS consumers.
OTHER SPECIAL INFORMATION:
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of internal and external management, employees, consumers of services, family members of consumers, and community agencies from city to federal.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize work needs and responses to internal and external circumstances. Respond to priority and schedule changes.
- Learn and utilize Center standard automation software.
- Ability to organize work effectively.
- Coordinate appropriate referrals via phone and/or in person.
- Knowledge of general clerical skills, ability to ensure confidentiality/privacy, ability to deal with the public/co-workers in a pleasant and effective manner.
- Knowledge of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities and Mental Health services.
- Apply in person at:
Apply in person at: 1005 B Street, Floresville, Texas
- or submit application and resume to:
- Camino Real Community Services
P.O. BOX 725, Lytle, TX. 78052
PHONE: 210-357-0359 or 357-0300
Job Application (MS Word)