||8:00 a.m. Ė 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday, variable
||09/15/17 or until filled
A completed application is required for this position. Proof of education required upon request and requires a valid Texas driverís license and acceptable driving record.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The adult MH Caseworker will provide services for the success of the Adult Mental Health Services Programs in Maverick County. He/she will provide delivery, intensive and comprehensive community based MH Services Care delivery. He/she will provide services delivery to adults with mental illness such as case management and rehabilitative services focused on behavioral change for consumer wellness and community living success. Service interventions are provided in home and community settings, and include health screening, risk assessments, physical health and wellness treatment planning, treatment team meetings, continuity of services, monitoring, referral and follow-up services, admiission services and rehabilitative services.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications to be eligible for an this position.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelorís Degree from an accredited college or university, with a major in (or the equivalent to a major, i.e., 24 hours of course work) in psychology, social work, medicine, nursing, rehabilitation, counseling, sociology, human growth and development, physician assistant,
- Five (5) years of work experience as a case manager within a community mental health center and must meet QMHP requirements.
gerontology, special education, education psychology, early childhood education, or early childhood intervention; OR a registered nurse.
- Familiarity with ANASAI software and electronic health record as implemented with Camino Real Community Services.
- Must reside in Maverick County.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Prior working experience with mental health.
- English/Spanish skills; demonstrated ability to read, write, and speak English and Spanish.
OTHER SPECIAL INFORMATION:
- Knowledge of individual needs/characteristics associated with severe and persistent mental illness.
- Knowledge of community-based service delivery system and the role of case management.
- Knowledge of local community resources, how to access those services and use them effectively.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, techniques and practices of psychology, behavioral science, social work, chemical dependency, and the functioning of mental health hospitals and clinics.
- Skill with needs assessments, treatment planning and responding to consumerís changing needs.
- Skill with contributing to a treatment team of physicians, nurses, counselors and others.
- Skill for independent, organized, and efficient work and effective verbal and written communication.
- Ability to identify problems/gaps in services.
- Ability to advocate effectively for an individual in the target population.
- Ability to work under conditions requiring physical stamina and the ability to work in a stressful environment.
- Apply in person at:
757 Rio Grande St., Eagle Pass, Texas
- or submit application and resume to:
- Camino Real CS
P.O. BOX 725, Lytle, TX. 78052
PHONE: 210-357-0359 or 357-0300
Job Application (MS Word)