||8:00am-5:00pm, Mon.- Fri., variable
||02/23/18 or until filled
A completed application is required for this position. Proof of education required upon request and requires a valid Texas driverís license and acceptable driving record.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for all facets of the Centerís reimbursement function; work involves data collection, verification of insurance coverage, verification of insurance eligibility, determination of ability to pay rates for the support, maintenance and treatment furnished to consumers. Works under the supervision of the Center Director and exercises some latitude for initiative and independent judgment. Using initiative and judgment, performs advanced secretarial duties with latitude for decision making in carrying out administrative phases of the work in the absence of the Center Director, within bounds set forth by and discussed with the Center Director. Assembles and organizes information for the Center Director and staff. Constantly exercises vigilance in maintaining confidential files and reports. With the Director, manages an efficient office system and contributes to the Centerís state purpose.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Experience in data entry/billing in health care activities.
- Two (2) years full-time secretarial experience of increasing complexity.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Three (3) years of bookkeeping/accounting and insurance experience or equivalent.
- Three (3) yearsí experience in administrative support functions in a credit and collections environment.
- One (1) year of the required experience must be in health-care related reimbursement activities.
- Must possess experience in computer and or data experience.
OTHER SPECIAL INFORMATION:
- Must be very detailed oriented.
- Ability to compete multi-tasked assignments.
- Ability to positively and productively work as a team member.
- Able to work under stress and under pressure to meet assigned deadlines.
- Ability to flex or exceed work hours to accommodate the needs of the job.
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize work tasks.
- Ability to problem-solve in a creative, viable, and realistic manner.
- Willingness to accept additional assignments/duties to ensure meeting departmental and agency needs.
- Ability to work under conditions requiring physical stamina and the ability to work in a stressful environment.
- Apply in person at:
- 1749 Hwy. 97 East Jourdanton, TX
- or submit application and resume to:
- Camino Real Community Services
P.O. BOX 725, Lytle, TX. 78052
PHONE: 210-357-0359 or 357-0300
Job Application (MS Word)