||Therapist Technician III
||$21,285 Annually (DOE)
||8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday, variable
||Dimmit/Zavala Crystal City
||03/16/18 or until filled
Agency vehicle may be available; however, mileage is reimbursed for some activities requiring use of personal vehicles. Selected applicant must be able to attend approximately 5 working days of staff development orientation in Lytle, TX.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Therapist Technician III performs complex training, habilitation, or therapeutic support activities for individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD). Work involves teaching, training, coaching, or assisting in Day Habilitation and work activities. Duties include overseeing skills training, activities of daily living, and work activities. Instructs, assists and supports individuals and groups in all areas of production. Plans, develops and implements training outcomes and strategies in accordance with person directed plans. Provides transportation to IDD individuals to and from the Work Center in agency van. Works under the supervision of the Work Center Manager.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduation from an accredited high school, GED, or pass a comprehensive test and provide three references.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record.
- Paid or volunteer work experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Six(6) months of paid work experience providing skills training or therapeutic supports to persons with intellectual or developmental disabilities; providing oversight to production work or other work-related activities; OR developing and implementing treatment, behavior, medical, socialization, safety or health support plans.
- Experience with the IDD population.
OTHER SPECIAL INFORMATION:
- Knowledge of training techniques and/or of providing therapeutic supports in a community setting.
- Knowledge of community resources and training needs for persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Skill in the use of equipment, tools and materials used in work setting or other therapeutic service activities.
- Ability to lift or transfer equipment or people as needed.
- Ability to provide rehabilitative supports, communicate clearly, to train others, and to prepare concise reports.
- Able to perform the physical requirements of the position.
- Ability to work under conditions requiring physical stamina and ability to work in a stressful environment.
- Must possess good computer skills.
- Apply in person at:
- 613B West Zavala St., Crystal City, Texas
- or submit application and resume to:
- Camino Real CS
P.O. BOX 725, Lytle, TX. 78052
PHONE: 210-357-0359 or 357-0300
Job Application (MS Word)