||Community Support Provider
||Variable as needed
||08/04/17 or until filled
A completed application is required for this position. Proof of education required upon request and requires a valid Texas driver’s license and acceptable driving record
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides services to individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities living in their homes. May require handling individuals that are non-ambulatory or that require total assistance with hygiene, bathing, housekeeping, lifting and transferring, and other services as needed. May provide transportation to medical appointments, outings, and other community access activities. This transportation will include travel out of the area and to other cities as required.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications to be eligible for the position:
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma, GED, or the ability to pass a Comprehension Test and provide 3 non-family letters of reference.
- Clear driving record and current TDL.
- Must be able to travel either by agency vehicle or personal vehicle to transport individuals out of town.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, based on the agency’s needs.
- Able to speak and write both English and Spanish.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience working with people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities.
OTHER SPECIAL INFORMATION:
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to write clearly and document all contacts.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals with special needs.
- Ability to work under conditions requiring physical stamina and ability to work in a stressful environment.
- Must possess good computer skills.
- Apply in person at:
- 757 Rio Grande Street, Eagle Pass, Texas
- or submit application and resume to:
- Camino Real Community Services
P.O. BOX 725, Lytle, TX. 78052
PHONE: 210-357-0359 or 357-0300
Job Application (MS Word)