||8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday, variable
||04/27/18 or until filled
A completed application is required for this position. Proof of education required upon request and requires a valid Texas driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Care Coordinator, under the supervision of the YES Waiver Manager, will work with families of children with severe emotional disturbance (SED) using the NWIC wrap-around model by facilitating a team planning process that is strengths based, focused on underlying needs, and determined by the families of the youth with SED. The main focus of this position is providing Intensive Case Management Services to a caseload of 10 youth and their families enrolled in the YES Waiver program, adhering to agency productivity standards. The care coordinator is also responsible for developing and organizing Child and Family Team Meetings in setting chosen by the families. These team meetings, which are held at least monthly with each family will help to identify strengths and needs of the family and team and develop individualized plans of care for each enrolled youth. A flexible schedule is required to meet the needs of the families served. The care coordinator needs a good working knowledge of available community resources and must be able to effectively build working relationships with those resources. Travel is required.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications to be eligible for an this position.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social, Behavioral, or Human Services plus two (2) years of work experience with children.
- Must meet Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) qualifications.
- Must have good computer skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Related Master/s Degree and professional licensure (i.e., LPC, LPC-1, LCSW).
- 3-5 years’ experience in a community mental health setting.
- Previous training in NWIC model of wrap-around facilitation.
- English/Spanish skills; demonstrated ability to read, write, and speak English and Spanish.
OTHER SPECIAL INFORMATION:
- Knowledge of mental health and IDD, community service delivery, and the needs of consumers who have major mental illness and concomitant behavioral disorders, i.e., chemical dependency, personality disorders.
- Knowledge of the principle, methods, techniques, and practices of social work.
- Skill in interviewing and assessing treatment needs of persons served.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to plan and implement consumer services.
- May require abilities to supervise the work of others; to interpret program methods and procedures and to provide guidance to other staff.
- Must have ability to work under conditions requiring physical stamina and ability to work in a stressful environment.
- Apply in person at:
19965 FM 3175 North, Lytle, Texas 78052
- or submit application and resume to:
- Camino Real CS
P.O. BOX 725, Lytle, TX. 78052
PHONE: 210-357-0359 or 357-0300
Job Application (MS Word)