||Variable & Flexible schedule
||03/18/17 or until filled
A completed application is required for this position. Proof of education required upon request and requires a valid Texas driverís license and acceptable driving record.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The RN V will serve as RN for the Crisis Residential program providing nursing care at the Crisis facility. The RN is responsible for providing direct care services as needed to ensure ongoing operation of the facility. This position requires working weekends and holidays, and some on call. The position requires excellent communication, written/interpersonal skills, organizational skills and time management. The RN will be responsible for monitoring medical and psychiatric issues, must have excellent nursing judgment and be an advocate for the consumer within a team process. Duties include implementing a plan of quality physical and behavioral health care, as well as nursing services to the priority populations served by Camino Real, and advising senior leadership about the same. The RN will utilize the nursing process to plan, implement, document, and evaluate nursing care provided to consumers under the requirements of the Texas Nurse Practice Act. This position reports directly to the Director of Nurses and receives clinical oversight from the Medical Director.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications to be eligible for the position:
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications to be eligible for the position:
- RN with a Bachelorís of Science Degree in nursing and 4 years of recent nursing experience as a registered nurse in a recognized health agency, hospital or health care facility with at least 2 years of supervisory experience in a medical setting:. OR RN with a Diploma or Associate Degree in nursing and 6 years of recent nursing experience as a registered nurse within a recognized health agency, hospital or health care facility with at least 1 year supervisory experience in a medical setting.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas without restrictions or limitations.
- Work experience using Microsoft applications such as Word, Outlook, Excel, Access and Power Point.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience working with health system planning projects.
- Experience in the mental health field as well as experience in a community and inpatient setting.
- Experience with population health data systems.
- Experience with nursing care and management of chronic health conditions.
- Prefer experience with the Integrated Behavioral Health Primary Care concept.
- Demonstrate ability to read, write and speak English and Spanish.
OTHER SPECIAL INFORMATION:
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, techniques and practices of counseling and diagnostic impression, functioning of mental health hospitals and/or out-patient mental health clinics.
- Knowledge of mental health rules, regulations, procedures and methods utilized in psychiatric nursing.
- Ability to assess and evaluate requirements for mental health services, including completion of physical and mental health assessments, using nursing principles and techniques.
- Ability to direct care provided by other providers including LVNs, nursing aides, etc.
- Perform appropriate interventions as ordered by physician, ability to communicate effectively with staff physicians; work within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with other professional groups, exercise tact, initiative, and good judgment when dealing with people, communicate effectively, using both oral and written communication; excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of local community resources as well as CRCS, how to access and use them effectively.
- Ability to work independently, organizes work efficiently, and responds to the changing needs of the individual. Completes documentation accurately, and in a timely manner on appropriate format.
- Ability to work under conditions requiring physical stamina and the ability to work in a stressful work environment, including crisis stabilization.
- Ability to apply and integrate theory, knowledge, values and practices of social work crisis intervention and substance use; work with individual from a variety of educational/cultural backgrounds.
- Apply in person at:
- :19965 FM 3175 North, Lytle, Texas 78052
- or submit application and resume to:
- Camino Real Community Services
P.O. BOX 725, Lytle, TX. 78052
PHONE: 210-357-0359 or 357-0300
Job Application (MS Word)