||Licensed Counselor (LPHA)
||8:00 a.m. Ė 5:00 p.m. Mon-Fri, variable
||CRU Maverick Co.
||09/09/16 or until filled
A completed application is required for this position. Proof of education required upon request and requires a valid Texas driverís license and acceptable driving record. YOU MUST SUBMIT A TRANSCRIPT WITH YOUR APPLICATION.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for providing mental health services to consumers in the Maverick County service area. Ma include services for both adult and children/adolescents. Interventions include cognitive behavior therapy, continuity of care, case management and crisis intervention. This position also requires skills in assessment, diagnostic, treatment planning, referral and follow-up, crisis response and brief therapy. This position also provides direct clinical supervision to non-licensed staff. Also participates in LPHA on-call consultation rotation. Some services may be delivered by video conference. Flexibility in service delivery and work hours required. Travel within the Camino Real catchment area may be required. Agency vehicle availability or mileage reimbursement for use of personal vehicle.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications to be eligible for the position:
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Masterís Degree from an accredited college or university, with major courses in social, behavioral or human services field.
- Licensures as LPC or LCSW.
- Must meet Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- One year experience in social, behavioral or human services including diagnostics.
- One year professional experience providing counseling services with adults and children.
- Reside in the service area.
- English/Spanish skills; demonstrated ability to read, write, and speak English and Spanish.
OTHER SPECIAL INFORMATION:
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with other professionals, individuals and groups; exercise tact, initiative, and good judgment when dealing with people, prepare reports and recommendations for administrative use.
- Knowledge of individual needs/characteristics associated with mental illness. Extensive knowledge of service delivery system and case management delivery system.
- Skill in interviewing and assessing treatment needs of persons served.
- Ability to communicate effective both written and orally.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to plan and implement consumer services.
- Ability to work under conditions requiring physical stamina and the ability to work in a stressful environment.
- May require abilities to supervise the work of others; to interpret program methods and procedures, and to provide guidance to other staff.
- Apply in person at:
- 2644 Encino Park Dr., Eagle Pass, Texas
- or submit application and resume to:
- Camino Real CS
P.O. BOX 725, Lytle, TX. 78052
PHONE: 210-357-0359 or 357-0300
Job Application (MS Word)