||8:00 a.m. Ė 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday, variable
||12/08/17 or until filled
A completed application is required for this position. Proof of education required upon request and requires a valid Texas driverís license and acceptable driving record.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for providing mental health services to severely and chronically mentally ill or emotionally disturbed children, adolescents, and their parents and may include as well as dual disordered mental health/chemically dependent individuals. Responsibilities may include the provision of services throughout the service area. These service interventions may be provided in home, office, and/or in community settings. Interventions include screening, case management, individual rehabilitative skills training, family rehabilitation duties as addressed in the Texas Administrative Code, Community Standards, and policies and procedures of the agency. Required to meet set productivity standards monthly and may assist the Director in providing community education and consultation. This will include such activities as interfacing and maintaining working relationships with local and state agencies and resources. Interagency collaboration is essential to this position. The job requires extensive travel for community-based service provision and flexible hours and schedule to meet the demand of the clients served. Participates in day time crisis on-call system on a rotation basis. Administratively reports directly to the C&A Clinic Director and works with guidance from the Childrenís Services Director.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications to be eligible for an this position.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelorís Degree from an accredited college or university, with a major in (or the equivalent to a major, i.e., 24 hours of course work) in psychology, social work, medicine, nursing, rehabilitation, counseling, sociology, human growth and development, physician assistant,
- Must possess good computer skills.
- Must reside in Maverick Co.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Prior working experience with mental health.
- Prior working experience as a case manager.
- English/Spanish skills; demonstrated ability to read, write, and speak English and Spanish.
OTHER SPECIAL INFORMATION:
- Knowledge of individual needs/characteristics associated with severe and persistent mental illness.
- Knowledge of community-based service delivery system and the role of case management.
- Knowledge of local community resources, how to access those services and use them effectively.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, techniques and practices of psychology, behavioral science, social work, chemical dependency, and the functioning of mental health hospitals and clinics.
- Skill with needs assessments, treatment planning and responding to consumerís changing needs.
- Skill with contributing to a treatment team of physicians, nurses, counselors and others.
- Skill for independent, organized, and efficient work and effective verbal and written communication.
- Ability to identify problems/gaps in services.
- Ability to advocate effectively for an individual in the target population.
- Ability to work under conditions requiring physical stamina and the ability to work in a stressful environment.
- Apply in person at:
757 Rio Grande St., Eagle Pass, Texas
- or submit application and resume to:
- Camino Real CS
P.O. BOX 725, Lytle, TX. 78052
PHONE: 210-357-0359 or 357-0300
Job Application (MS Word)