||Quality Management Specialist
||8:00 a.m. Ė 5:00 p.m. Mon-Fri, variable
||03/30/18 or until filled
A completed application is required for this position. Proof of education required upon request and requires a valid Texas driverís license and acceptable driving record.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is a list of job duties and responsibilities, including essential and marginal tasks:
Under the direction of the Quality Management Director, the Quality Management Specialist (QMS) will assist with administering the quality assurance duties and tasks related to ensuring agency compliance of all programs with all applicable state and federal rules and regulations. The QMS will conduct random and scheduled on-site and/or desk reviews to assess the quality and appropriateness of ongoing service provision. The QMS will be expected to produce varied professional communications to communicate findings, recommendations, and trends; as well as respond to queries from program staff. The QMS will serve as the coordinator of quality management reviews as well as provide staff training as needed. The QMS will assist with the agency local planning processes. The QMS attends meetings as required. The QMS provides support to 1115 Waiver projects in compiling data and reporting recommendations. Work hours may occasionally be extended to meet agency need.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications to be eligible for the position:
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelorís Degree from an accredited college or university, with a major in (or the equivalent to a major i.e. 24 hours of course work) in psychology, human services, social work, nursing, rehabilitation, counseling, sociology, human growth and development, gerontology, education, special education, educational psychology, early childhood intervention/education; OR a registered nurse. Other Masterís Degrees (18 hours of graduate level courses) not listed may be considered after review of college transcripts provided.
- Requires 2 years of paid work experience in a related field.
- Must possess good computer skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrate ability to read, write and speak Spanish.
- Two yearsí experience working in the community center system.
- Masterís Degree in Human Service/Human Development related field.
OTHER SPECIAL INFORMATION:
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations applicable to Mental Health, IDD and ECI programs.
- Ability to plan, assign, train and review the work of others.
- Ability to interpret program requirements and procedures, and to provide guidance to other staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage working on multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to work independently. Perform duties with tact, diplomacy, and commitment to ensuring the provision of quality services.
- Ability to gather data, summarize and analyze findings, and communicate them in concise written reports.
- Knowledge of billing requirements for Medicaid, Medicare, Medicaid Waiver programs, and private insurance.
- Apply in person at:
- 19965 FM 3175 N., Lytle, Texas
- or submit application and resume to:
- Camino Real CS
P.O. BOX 725, Lytle, TX. 78052
PHONE: 210-357-0359 or 357-0300
Job Application (MS Word)