||Case Manager (QMHP-CS)
||8:00 a.m. Ė 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday, variable
||Frio Co. Pearsall, Texas
||01/22/18 or until filled
A completed application is required for this position. Proof of education required upon request and requires a valid Texas driverís license and acceptable driving record.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for providing mental health services to severely and chronically mentally ill or emotional disturbed adults as well as dual disordered mental health/chemically dependent individuals. Responsibilities may include the provision of services throughout the service area. These service interventions may be provided in home, in office, and/or in community settings. Interventions include screening, case management, individual rehabilitative skills training, family rehabilitative skills training, group skills and provision of crisis resolution services. The case manager performs case management and rehabilitation duties as addressed in the Texas Administrative Code, Community Standards, and policies and procedures of the agency. They are required to meet set productivity standards monthly. They may assist the Director in providing community education and consultation. This will include such activities as interfacing and maintaining working relationships with local and state agencies and resources. Interagency collaboration is essential to this position. The job requires extensive travel for community-based service provision and flexible hours and schedule to meet the demands of the clients served. Administratively reports directly to the Clinic Director and works with guidance from the Adult Services Director.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications to be eligible for an this position.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelorís degree from an accredited college or university, with a major in (or the equivalent to a major, i.e. 24 hours of course work) in psychology, social work, medicine, nursing, rehabilitation, counseling, sociology, human growth and development, physician assistant, gerontology, special education, education psychology, early childhood education, or early childhood intervention; OR a registered nurse. Must meet QMHP qualifications.
- Must possess good computer skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrate ability to read, write and speak English and Spanish.
- Prior working experience with mental health.
- Prior working experience as a case manager.
- Resident of Frio/LaSalle County.
OTHER SPECIAL INFORMATION:
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, techniques, and practices of social work.
- Skill in interviewing and assessing treatment needs of persons served.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and oral.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to plan and implement consumer services.
- May require abilities to supervise the work of others; to interpret program methods and procedures, and to provide guidance to other staff.
- Ability to work under conditions requiring physical stamina and the ability to work in a stressful environment.
- Apply in person at:
- 411 E. Brazos, Pearsall, Texas or 19965 FM 3175 North, Lytle, Texas 78052
- or submit application and resume to:
- Camino Real CS
P.O. BOX 725, Lytle, TX. 78052
PHONE: 210-357-0359 or 357-0300
Job Application (MS Word)