||Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
||8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. Mon-Fri
||Mental Health Services
||Frio Co. Pearsall, Texas
||02/23/18 or until filled
Proof of education is required upon request. Transcript or diploma must be original. Copies will not be accepted. Requires valid Texas driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of the designated Adult MH clinic manager, and in coordination with psychiatrists, other nurses, a team of case managers and Licensed Professionals of the Healing Arts (LPHA), the Licensed Vocational Nurse provides nursing care to individuals, primarily children and adolescents with severe and persistent mental illness in a variety of settings.
- Delivers licensed vocational nursing care and coordinating nursing activities as a team member.
- Using the vocational nursing process to plan, implement, document, and evaluate nursing care provided to consumers in accordance with the Texas Nurse Practice Act.
- Performing technical nursing functions to accomplish patient care such as physical health status screening/assessment, medication services monitoring and work-up, patient education, care coordination, record maintenance and documentation, infection control, skills development/training, and home visits.
- Supports patient and family health education activities for chronic health conditions such as diabetes, lipid level control, weight control, healthy living and exercise, etc.
- Responsible for proficient vocational nursing practice monitoring of medical and psychiatric issues, and consumer advocacy.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Licensed to practice as a licensed vocational nurse in the State of Texas and two (2) year experience as a nurse.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
- Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess commendable interpersonal skills.
- Experience meeting strict deadlines in a busy healthcare service environment.
- Must possess demonstrated ability to work within a team process.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in mental health field as well as experience in a community setting.
- Familiarity with Streamline database.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of individual needs/characteristics associated with mental illness and appropriate approaches to treatment and nursing functions.
- Knowledge of computer and office automation equipment and software to support nursing services.
- Skill with health care delivery in a bilingual setting.
- Skill with primary care and psychiatric vocational nursing.
- Ability to develop productive relationships with consumers and family members.
- Ability to work independently, organize work efficiently and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain physical and emotional stamina to permit full performance of duties.
- Ability to work in a crisis situation.
OTHER SPECIAL INFORMATION:
- Apply in person at:
- 411 E. Brazos, Pearsall, Texas
- or submit application and resume to:
- Camino Real CS
P.O. BOX 725, Lytle, TX. 78052
PHONE: 210-357-0359 or 357-0300
Job Application (MS Word)