||Administrative Specialist IV
||8:00am-5:00pm, Mon.- Fri., variable
||Mental Health Program
||11/10/17 or until filled
Proof of education is required upon request. Transcript or diploma must be original, Copies will not be accepted. Requires valid Texas driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for all facets of the clinic’s reimbursement function: data collection, verification of insurance coverage, determination of ability to pay, and responsible for securing insurance authorizations. Works under the supervision of the clinic manager. Assembles and organizes information for the manager and staff. Constantly exercises vigilance in maintaining confidential files and reports. With the clinic manager, manages an efficient office system and contributes to the center’s stated purpose. Job duties include ability to work in a fast-paced, stressful environment with a heavy volume of calls and patient traffic. Other duties include customer service and overall management of medical office appointments, telephone/mail reminders to individuals in service, ordering supplies, and handling correspondence. May serve as back-up to other offices. Must be able to work a flexible schedule to accommodate medical clinic days.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduation from an accredited high school or GED.
- Documented work experience in data entry/Medicaid billing in a health care setting.
- Two (2) years full-time documented secretarial experience of increasing complexity in medical office or similar setting.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Three (3) years’ of insurance billing experience or equivalent.
Three (3) years’ experience in administrative support functions in a credit and collections environment.
One (1) year of the required experience must in in health-care related reimbursement activities.
Specific experience working with managed care organizations and securing authorizations for service billing.
Experience in computer and/or data experience.
OTHER SPECIAL INFORMATION:
- Knowledge of office management principles and practices and administrative procedures and of the technical program.
- Working knowledge of health related accounting and collection procedures and use of automated data processing in such procedures, of human resource management and office practices, and of federal and state laws, government regulation, and agency rules governing reimbursement for agency services.
- Extensive knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of business terminology, spelling, punctuation, grammar and arithmetic. Knowledge of office procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of timekeeping skills relating to data entry and posting.
- Able to work with the public and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to train other clerical staff.
- Willingness to accept additional assignments/duties to ensure meeting departmental and agency needs.
- Ability to serve as a back-up to other clerical positions and other duties as assigned.
- Skill in the use of electronic data and/or word processing equipment and software.
- Ability to implement new systems and procedures and to evaluate their effectiveness; to supervise others; and to effectively interpret programs and plans.
- Apply in person at:
- 2644 Encino Park Dr., Eagle Pass, Texas 78852
- or submit application and resume to:
- Camino Real Community Services
P.O. BOX 725, Lytle, TX. 78052
PHONE: 210-357-0359 or 357-0300
Job Application (MS Word)